FDC Language Policy as approved by National Credit Regulator
- FDC will provide credit agreements in English. In addition to providing documents required under the Act in English, FDC will offer a summary of the salient terms of the written credit agreement in both isiXhosa and Sesotho.
- The summary of the salient terms of written credit agreement in both isiXhosa and Sesotho will be provided within 12 months of approval of FDC’s language proposal.
- FDC will provide pre-agreement statements and quotations (quotes) in English, isiXhosa and Sesotho.
The pre-agreement statements and quotations will be provided in English, isiXhosa
and Sesotho within 6 months of approval of FDC’s language proposal.
- FDC will provide enforcement notices in English, isiXhosa and Sesotho within 6 months
from the date of approval of FDC’ s language proposal.
- FDC’s brochures regarding loans will be available in English, isiXhosa and Sesotho within 12 months of the approval of the FDC’s language policy.
- FDC’s internet website and intranet website is only available in English.
- FDC’s Call Centre will available in English, isiXhosa and Sesotho.
- We anticipate that we may experience problems in translations of specialised financial
terminology and legal terminology into languages other than English, and this could result
in translated words losing their ordinary legal connotations and thus pose challenges in
- As the result of the aforesaid FDC has adopted a stance that any legal documentation
requiring the consumer’s signature must be obtained on the English version only.
For more infromation contact:
Acting Manager Legal Services