FDC Services for exporters
With the South African economy becoming increasingly integrated into the global economy there is a growing need for local business to diversify and become exporters of goods and services. FDC aims to increase the value of exports from the province by assisting exporters to gain access to foreign markets.
Together with enterprises such as the Small Business Development Enterprise Agency (SEDA), FDC will continue to assist producers and manufacturers to develop their export capabilities.
In their quest to support regional co-operation in the Southern African Development Community (SADC), FDC will compile foreign company briefs in order to promote intra-regional trade. FDC will also assist exporters to take advantage of access to wider markets.
The FDC Trade Promotion business unit, located in Bloemfontein, invites export ready companies to access the opportunities provided by offshore markets. The unit aims to ensure growth in the value of exports and providing access to foreign markets for Free State Products. You can live the export experience by joining the unit in its annual trade mission to network with prospective clients in foreign countries.
FDC offers you quality services at no cost …
The unit has wide ranging access to these foreign trade destinations through preferential trade agreements at regional and bilateral level. The unit assists you to:
- Be part of the FDC export database
- Access potential markets by organizing trade missions to key overseas markets
- Gain access to national governments export incentive programme
- Gain insight into new markets by providing basic country and market data.
- Exhibit your products at local and international trade exhibitions
- Understand complex export issues through capacity building workshops
- Gain opportunities through trade-lead information services
- Network with other exporters.
For additional information on any of these services please contact FDC directly.
The Small Enterprise Development Agency (SEDA) offers a number of complimentary services which include:
- Export readiness assessment
- Export capacity building
- An export mentoring programme